Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One More Week


Hola familia y amigos!

This week has been the best yet at el CCM. The highlight was when a group of YSAs (Young Single Adults age 18-30) from about 20 minutes away came to visit. We stopped class and all got to go out and chat with them for a little bit. I spent the first 10 minutes or so being the only North American with two from the YSA group. We talked about our families and school and stuff like that. Nothing crazy, but it was cool to have a real conversation with no help from another English speaker. Then I got a companion. We talked a little bit more small talk then shared a little message with them. 

2 Nephi 31:20.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 I just shared a little bit of personal experience about being in Peru and what I'm going through right now. By the end one of the Peruvians was crying and telling us about how hard it is for her right now. She is the only member of her family who is LDS, and it really touched her heart. It was a cool experience. Made me just that more excited to go out and touch more people's lives.
What else happened this week??
There is still a weird virus or something going around. I was sick for a couple days when we first got here, but nothing since. But they're still taking crazy measures around here. The other night they made us evacuate the building around 10:30pm (after I was asleep for about 20 minutes already) so that they could spray some super intense, ummm, I actually don't know what it was. But it was strong enough to make everyboyd leave the building, sit outside for half an hour, and not go into the classrooms for at least 24 hour afterwards. But hopefully we won't have to worry about anything like that anymore.
Overally, same as any other week besides that. Lots of class and studying. Not a lot of sleep. Interesting food and lots of ups and downs.
Crazy to think I only have 6 more days here. Don't know where the time went. Both super nervous and crazy excited to get out of here. Honestly, it feels like it could be something like prison in here. Not that I know what prison feels like. But if I had to guess, this wouldn't be too far off.
Oh, and yes. I am BEYOND excited for some cooler weather. Lima is killing me right now. I can't walk outside without automatically sweating. Also, I have a missionary tan already. And also crazy shoe tans. I'm already planning to sit in the sun and even out my body as soon as I get home.

I hope you all have a great week! Two weeks actually!!! I don't get to write next Tuesday because I'll be on a plane!!!!!!
Love you all,
Amie

At the temple

Hermano Gonzalez - "Coolest teacher in the CCM"


District Map Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment