Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Roller Coaster Kind of Week


The past couple days have been crazy. Lots of up and downs. Overall good, but 'Ive definitely hit some low points. Lets start with a quote...
 
"The trials in front of you are never as strong as the power behind you."
 
Somebody said that in our fast and testimony meeting on Sunday, and it couldn't have been more perfect for me. It's so easy for me to get frustrated with myself and nervous about learning Spanish and going out into the real world. I'm not saying it's easy to just let go of all that and be happy all of the time, but with the thought that we have the Lord on our side backing us up every step of the way is really comforting. Along the same lines, I had a nice talk with one of my teachers this week, Hermano Añorga. It was after I had a little breakdown about my Spanish and proselyting the other day. We have an odd number of people in our district so when we were doing one of our Spanish activities in pairs he paired himself with me and talked a little bit. Basically he just said that we have to fall and have those really hard moments in our lives in order to rise up to our greatest potential. He related it to Christ and how he had to suffer in the garden before he could finish the Atonement. I'm not saying that I'm even close to knowing what He did and how He felt, but it was a cool comparision. And now I can look forward and really start living up to my potential.
 
That was the lowest low AND the highest high. Other than that, it's been a pretty typical week. Tired all the time and everybody is still sick from all the food. They're calling it an epidemic. They sent a letter to Salt Lake and are getting the quorum of the twelve involved. No big deal. I'm still loving the people who I'm with and the teachers that I have. I love going to the temple every week. I've started just listening in Spanish instead of using the headsets. For temple and CCM things. So thats exciting.
 
In less heavy news, we got our new people this week. We have a cute little girl from Utah and a hysterical girl from Australia as our new roommates. Needless to say it's pretty great and exciting. It's weird to be in the intermediate level now tho. Even more weird, today is the midpoint of being in the CCM. Whaaaaaaat?! Time flies.
 
On that note, we leave the CCM on March 25! Coolest birthday ever? Pretty much.
Also, I learned that the first Book of Mormon was published on March 25 this week. I'm pretty sure that date is real. The movie we watched about Jospeh Smith was a little weird and I had no way to verify it. But I'll take it.
 
Basically, this was a great week. Hard, but great. Again, I've never been so stressed and so tired in my entire life, but at the same time I've never felt so good and confident about what I'm doing. Despite the craziness and the confusion, I'm in love with what I'm doing.
 
Love you all and miss you tons!
Have a fantastic week!!!


A view of Peru

. . . a little bit more of Peru

Laundry is sometimes stressful in the CCM!

Friends :)

a 'granadilla' . . . the inside looks like guts but I don't have the guts to eat it 














No comments:

Post a Comment