Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yo Amo Peru


Well hello again! This week has been pretty super. Started with a fantastic devotional about the purpose we have as missionaries and ended with the temple again. Not much really to report, just going to class and whatnot. Every day the same. I don't really know how to describe it really. It's long and hard and should be boring, but I'm having so much fun and enjoying {almost} every moment.
 
We went out on the streets for the second time on Saturday. Can I just say, the Lord has a sense of humor. There was one hermana here who I've been trying to have more patience and love for. She was my roommate until this morning and lets just say that the two of us weren't best friends. I prayed for a way to be more fond of her. Sooooo, He made us companions for the entire day... Crazy enough it worked. I still wouldn't call us best friends, but I learned a lot about her and shared some fun experiences.
 
Speaking of going out and knocking doors, I am still in awe at the people here. 99% of the people we stop and talk to are more than willing to listen and are excited to hear more. I have a hard time believing that we would get the same response from people in the U.S. They are just so loving and so ready to have the gospel in their lives!
 
Also, I understood and spoke a LOT more this time than two weeks ago! It was pretty amazing. I'm not anywhere near fluent or anything, but it blows my mind how much I already know.The spirit is a pretty cool thing if you ask me.
 
Side note, I learned where the ' is finally. Just thought that was worth pointing out. Only took me what, five weeks?
 
Holy moly, I can't believe I've been here so long. The older group left this morning, making me and my district the advanced missionaries now. AHHHH! No. I feel like I got here yesterday. The days can go by slow, but the weeks FLY BY!! I cannot believe that I only have two more weeks!!!!!
It's exciting tho!
 
I love and miss you all!! Until next week!

The Book of Mormon in Quechua (native Peruvian language)
. . . more Quechua

Traditional MTC map picture :)

"I'm going to miss this girl so much! But we are both so excited for our missions!"

Cusco buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment