Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Feed My Sheep

Yesterday there was a little bit of a mixup. Hna Ostler, Hna Valverde and I went to Raqchi yesterday (more stories to come) and when we got back home we couldn´t find an open internet place. But we got permission to write today :) Better late than never! Also, sorry all of my pictures are from Pday basically. I didn´t really use my camera this week...

So I´ll start there I guess. Raqchi is an old town/ruins by Sicuani. It´s said that a white god came to visit the people there and taught them about how to love and the gospel and things like that. On the bus ride over (about two and a half hours) I was reading in 3 Nephi (just so happens that that´s where I´m at right now). It was really cool to be reading about Christ being in the Americas, teaching the people, and then visiting a place like that. Some might say just another ruin, but I thought it was pretty incredible. And it´s incredibly beautiful! Definitely one of the places we´ll go back to if we ever come down here all together!

Other news for the week, Hna Ostler and Hna Valverde were traveling for their sister leader visits, so I was either with members or in the house all week. Not too bad though. I had to go to the doctor´s office with Hna Sanchez and Hna Camacho a couple times. I was in kind of a bad mood during one of the visits with the doctor. I don´t think he noticed, but the first thing he said to me when we walked in was, "Hna Condie! It´s been a while! What was the miracle you saw today??" It caught me off guard a little bit, but definitely put things back in perspective. Even though I was stuck in the hospital and not working, I realized that we had seen miracles that day. We found a member who´s been inactive for over 10 years. All of our planned appointments were there that day. And many more. Grateful for people who help me put my attitude back in place!

This is more just food for thought, but I read the "What Manner of Men" talk from the April Priesthood session this week. I love it so much!!!! It was directed to the men and the priesthood, but I think you can take it with any aspect of the gospel really. The knowledge and blessings that we have are incredible, and are we living up to the potential that we have?? So many good things in this talk. So you should all read it! It´s definitely a new favorite :)


I love you! Have a fantastic week.

xoxo,
Amie

Feed My Sheep


One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!


Best I could do from far away with this camera
I wanted the man and his reflection.

No crutches!

No comments:

Post a Comment