Thursday, April 2, 2015

I"m Not Old Yet!

Hello all!

This was another good week. Kind of all over the place, but good. Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty normal. Just, ya know, working and stuff. Yes, Wednesday night I got eggs thrown all over me. It was all fun and games until we went home and there was no water at home . . . The lady we live with wasn´t too happy, but we begged her to let us use a little bit of water so I could clean up. Other than that though it was a good birthday :) Just a normal day in the missionary world, but I wouldn´t really want it any other way. Also, before I forget, thanks for all the birthday messages. I´m sorry I don´t have time to respond to everyone... But I love you all!

Thursday morning I headed off to CUSCO! Just had to get some papers signed and whatnot, but it was fun. I got to see my pension and Hna Hill and the other hermanas whom I lived with! It was just a week of parties. I don´t think I´ve eaten so much cake in my whole life . . . but no complaints :) It was fun. Came back Saturday night and just started working again.

I honestly don´t have that much to report this week, so I thought I´d share a little thought I had this morning during my personal study. I read the talk from President Uchtdorf from the Women´s Conference from last October about living the gospel joyfully. With that, I read a scripture in Alma 27 the other day about being "seekers of happiness" (also, I recommend the whole chapter). They both stuck out to me. And both talk about being obedient. If we want true joy in our lives, we have to live the gospel. And not only live it to check it off and say that we´re doing it, but really learn it and live it and make the commandments and the counsels we get from the prophets things that we WANT to do, not only HAVE to do. The Lord knows what´s best for us. If we can just make His law our desires, and really SEEK to be happy, this joy that everybody always talks about in the church becomes something real to each of us. Even when the hard comes, we can still have that hope and strength that He has to offer us. But it all depends on us first.



Anyway, nothing too deep. Just a little thought to start this next week and almost new transfer (how did that happen again???)

Hope everyone´s happy and doing well and enjoying Honduras still.

xoxo,
Amie

Just because I like us :)

Happy Birthday #1

 Happy Birthday #1

 Happy Birthday #2

Happy Birthday #2

 Happy Birthday #3

Happy Birthday #3

No comments:

Post a Comment